Thursday, November 04, 2010

WhAt A dAy!!!

Day 4 Picture--Some say the eye is the window to the soul. What was the story today?
Mind over Matter...that is my motto today! I am glad I have my list of goals to focus on when things get tough. Its kind of like an escape to have the list! Work today was a normal day at work .. this was what I produced...

In case you cannot tell, the one is a bird with a worm! The grasshopper is probably my favorite of the day!! I got to go to lunch with Kirsty today, we chatted about the hardships in our life and gave each other pep talks. At the end of the meal my fortune cookie said this...
"Nothing can keep you from reaching your goals" If that's not applicable I am not sure what is! Tender Mercies right?!
All day I have had to tell myself over and over, "just focus on your goals, stay focused, look ahead!" Don't let the pain of today triumph your strength to achieve your goals." Thank you fortune cookie for instilling this thought!! I was able to go to the temple tonight and boy am I grateful that the temple is so close and open all the time. I fail to take advantage of this, but hope to change that! I love the peace I feel every time I even so much as walk through the doors of the temple. Here is the sunset I was able to walk out to tonight....
Funny story of the day today, One of my goals is to talk to my dad I was able to call him today and we were just chatting about life. I had one of our doctors look at my foot today and so I was telling him about the results of that examination. He was asking if it hurt, I replied, "yes, it hurts but not as bad as my heart does. My heart physically hurts." My dad proceeds to say, "what?! it's still hurting, that's still happening? (he was in a panicked voice, I was crying) What is it called...and then he made up some crazy word, and he was so concerned about my heart!! (for those who don't know I had costochondritis (inflammation around my rib cage..quite painful) a bit ago and some torn cartilage as well (My chest would pop all the time..to say the least..it Hurt!)   I was saying yes, it hurts, it hurts yes I am still in contact with him.. we eventually caught on that we were NOT talking about the same thing!! HAHA my dad makes me laugh, I was trying to tell him that the pain of my foot did not hurt as much as my heart (broken heart) hahaha..o man this made me smile...and laugh while crying!! Thanks for that dad!! Until next time, Loves!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment