Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Day 2 and 3

I didn't get the chance to talk about yesterday so I'll back track a little. One of my goals is to start exercising more consistently, Adelyn told me a couple days ago her ward is doing a 5k this weekend and with that being one of my goals I thought lets do it. We can do it together and get it off our lists! So when I woke up yesterday morning the first thing I committed to myself that day was that I was going to exercise. This doesn't seem like such a triumph but since the last 5k I ran I haven't put my shoes back on because my feet hurt so bad!! Before the race I had gotten blisters on my left foot and they are painfully right in my arch. I switched shoes hoping that would make a difference. I ran a few times in those shoes before the race and then wore them on the race and ended up getting blisters on BOTH of my arches MULTIPLE blisters...OUCH is all I have to say. So the thought of running made me uncomfortable because I knew my feet would hurt for quite a few days afterward. Anyway, long story short, I got off of work late and I had class..now I bet you are all thinking I gave in and didn't go running..BUT...you are Wrong! I drove to school and ran around the campus. There are A LOT of really LARGE hills around there..it was quite the work out. I double socked my feet in hopes that I wouldnt walk away with blisters..but .. No worries..I not only got 1 blister I got two LARGE ones AND the big one broke open.. JUST great!! I think its time for some new shoes!! So this is where my Picture of the Day comes in to play .....


This is Day 2 picture. I was proud I went running, on a GOOD run and ended with the beautiful sunset that I get to see every single day!     

When I moved to Orem I was not expecting to be able to see the most beautiful sunsets every night, it has been a very pleasant surprise...If I am at school or home I get to see it, so almost every night I get to enjoy part of the beauty that Heavenly Father blesses us with every day... Here was tonight's sunset ....
November 3rd sunset from UVU campus

Another thing on my list that I wanted to cross off was feeding ducks! Last night I found a pond that had a TON of ducks..It was after diligent searching and a good friend to help me find them!! There were these HUGE fish in the pond as well, most likely carp...I couldnt see much more than just their shape because it was late and dark ... but nonetheless you could see their shadows and they were huge..at one point I was bent down just breaking off pieces of bread and all of a sudden the ducks starting sqwaking (I'm unsure on that spelling, but its the noise they make!)  and spreading their wings all huge like and I screamed, naturally! The fish were messing with those ducks. It was like they were ramming them from underneath! It continued to happen and as I got used to it I began to laugh every time. I always new my fear of fish was justified...they are mean "little" buggers!! This was my favorite Duck of the night...
Duck Pond November 2nd
As far as my other goals, I am doing pretty good. I am continuing to food journal. When I watch what I eat it brings on a lot of other underlying issues I have with myself. After yesterday I realized that I would rather be hungry than have to write something down in the food journal. So yesterday I hardly ate much and there were several points where I was shaking but don't worry I am still alive and I binged with some most delicious pizza at the end of the day!! I am continuing to work on journaling every day and just trying to make progress and keep my head forward! I can't end today without thanking Heavenly Father for all the blessings he has been pouring upon me this last little while. I am so grateful for the strength he has blessed me with. A month ago there would have been no way that I would have had the strength to even write goals let alone write them and start to achieve them. I am not doing this alone and what a blessing that is! I am grateful for the gospel and truth that it brings into my life!! Anyway, I think that is enough for today!! Before I end tho the Picture of the day for day 3 is ....
This sums up my eight hour shift at work....  

If you have more time after reading this novel .. here are some other drawings I have done while wanting to jab a pen in my eye at work ....


Until next time! Loves!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment